Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- If you are submitting a Research or Review paper, the submission contains both a main paper submission and a summary paper submission. These should be submitted as one Word document, with the first 1-2 pages comprising the summary paper and the rest of the document being the main paper.
- The main paper submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- Three potential reviewers of the work, and their contact details, have been provided as Comments to the Editor (below).
- The submission file is in .doc or .docx format only.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end. All specific formatting and bibliographic requirements are stated in the submission template documents (please use the templates for Research/Review Papers or Practical Papers, as appropriate).
Authors retain copyright over their work and licence the work to the journal under a Creative Commons 3.0 Attribution (CC-BY) Licence. The CC-BY licence is the most open licence in terms of enabling free distribution and communication of the work. Works prepared using contents of the journal must reference the author(s) and the journal.
Personal information is any information that can be used to identify you. For example, it can include information such as your name, date of birth, email address, postal address, telephone number, fax number and credit/debit card details.
Uses of personal information
We collect personal information when you register with us as a Reader, Author or Reviewer; or otherwise give us personal information. By providing personal information you consent to its processing as described in this policy â€“ examples of processing include, but is not limited to: contact you with information on our work and contacting you to review a manuscript.
When we collect your personal information we use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access. However, no data transmission over the internet is 100% secure. As a result, while we try to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
Your details will be used to keep you updated with the work of the JHE.
People aged under 18
If you are aged under 18, please ensure you obtain your parent/guardianâ€™s consent before providing any personal information.
If you think we have not followed our Privacy Statment in some way or if you have questions about this policy. You can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notification of change of Privacy Statement